Ironopolis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1939, Dieselpunk America.

Simple Rules

Mayor Owel
    Mayor Owel
    Admin

Simple Rules Empty Simple Rules

Post  Mayor Owel Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:25 pm

1-Avoid Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus. We don't want flat, perfect characters. Give your character flaws, but not too many, and keep the drama down to a minimum. Well-rounded characters tend to take a life of their own, so if your character doesn't seem to pop, they may need a little more fleshing out done.

2-I see all. No. Just...no. If there is no way for a character to know something IC, then they don't know it. Plain and simple.
    "Hey, Mayor Owel, did you hear Mary-Sue is half robot?!"
    "Did she tell you this?"
    "Nope, nobody did!"
    "Then how do you know it?"

3-Know there are limits. Yes, it is the age of science in this world. It's also 1939. Some things just haven't been discovered yet. Even if your character is from the future, they won't all have the resources here. Also, have a solid back story for characters. Do not say they are half-dog because some magical witch allowed it. That is taking the easy way out.

4-Godmodding. I shouldn't have to say this, but I do. Don't do it. Give a little, take a little. Your character isn't God, they can't avoid or see everything that is coming.

5-NPCs. Yes, there are non-playable characters throughout the city, working, living. You may manipulate them at will. Do not overdo it, though.
    "Mayor Owel! I have a stalker!"
    "...it's a NPC, Mary. No you don't."

6-Keep communications open! TALK, people. I will not play messenger unless I need to. If you want to do a thread with someone, drop them a line, or leave the thread untagged! If you want to kill/date someone, get permission. Always get permission, and keep it as a PM. If problems happen to arise, that'll be your ticket out of trouble.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:36 am